[mythtv-users] Can't schedule recordings

Vincent Barichard Vincent.Barichard at univ-angers.fr
Wed Jan 30 15:14:18 UTC 2008

Hi,

I use Mythtv for more than one year without trouble. I updated my Mythtv-box
(the Mythtv packages were not updated) this week, and I can no longer
schedule recordings.

I can watch Live-Tv and if I press the record button of my remote control,
mythtv starts recording and I can watch the recorded show later.
But if I schedule any recordings by using mythfrontend or mythweb, the
recording starts at the right time, and appears in the "recorded programs",
but I can't watch this recording because the file doesn't exist. Indeed,
there is no file created in my "/mnt/data/records" directory.

There is no error in the mythbackend log and mythfrontend gives an error only
when I try to watch the recordings which have no existing file.

I'm using mythtv 0.20 (the latest binary packages of debian-multimedia) on an
debian (testing lenny) amd-64.

Could you please help me, I don't know what to do .....

Thanks,

Vincent