[mythtv-users] Problem with mythrename.pl and DVB Radio Recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 30 20:23:55 UTC 2008

On 01/30/2008 12:21 PM, Ian Barton wrote:
> I am not sure if this has always been a problem, or I have only just
> found out about it. I am running the latest svn of MythTV

I'm assuming you mean the "latest" (which really means "recent" ;) SVN
trunk.

>  and have
> noticed that mythrename was getting "stuck" on certain programs.
>
> Running mythrename.pl --verbose --link /mylinks_dir
>
> I can see that when it reaches a radio recording it simply "hangs", with
> no errors or other output. These are recordings made from UK DVB Freview
> radio channels.
>
> If I delete the recorded radio programs, mythrename works as expected.
> It's not just one particular program, but seems to happen with any radio
> recording.

What happens when you apply the attached patch to mythrename.pl?  Note:
It is not meant as a solution to your problem (thus the name), but
should help identify if the problem is what I think it may be.  It
simply disables the "filetype" check (which is currently performed using
mplayer).

You should be able to apply the patch by going into the directory
containing mythrename.pl (or a copy of mythrename.pl) and issuing the
command:

patch -Np1 -i /path/to/mythtv-mythrename_filetype_hack.patch

Note that once the patch is applied all your links will have the ".mpg"
extension--even those that refer to NUV files.  This is unimportant
unless you're using the links with a broken OS that relies on filename
extensions to figure out a file's content type.

If the patch allows mythrename.pl to succeed, please reply with the
output of:

mplayer -v -v -v -v -nolirc -nojoystick \
        -vo null -ao null -frames 1 \
        -identify '/path/to/radio_recording.mpg' 2>&1 |
  tee ~/mplayer_identify_radio_output

This can be used to "fix" the bindings to work on radio streams.

Thanks,
Mike