[mythtv-users] Re-record something being shown in HD?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jan 30 22:09:57 UTC 2008

On 01/30/2008 12:11 AM, Taco Mel wrote:
> Thanks for the advice.  I figured out how to do this
> and wanted to share my solution in case anyone else
> wants to do the same thing.  I did this via a power
> search which I configured through mythweb.

Hmmm.  David Shay was working on adding this ability to Myth (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/281219#281219 ), but
seems to have gotten too busy with real life.  I hope he sees your post
(and am mentioning primarily in case his system filters/highlights
messages with his name :).

> The only thing that could make this absolutely perfect
> would be, upon the conclusion of the recording, to go
> back and delete the non-HD recording.  I might set up
> a "user job" that does this.

That would be a good approach for it.

>   For now, without this,
> the only potential bug is that if the same episode was
> broadcast multiple times in HD, it would pick it up
> every time as long as the non-HD recording was
> present.  I will live with that limitation
> unless/until I do the user job thing to whack the old
> recording, or maybe try to finagle an outer join into
> the query.

I'd guess there's probably a way to do it with the custom recording
rule, but I'm not nearly as knowledgeable about it as Bruce Markey, so I
couldn't tell you how.  :)

Thanks for the update.

Mike