[mythtv-users] Re-record something being shown in HD?

Taco Mel taco_mel at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 02:30:11 UTC 2008

Additional control over what is and is not a duplicate
would make a great feature.  It is the ability to do
special cases such as this that makes MythTV the
ultimate scalable and flexible solution versus its
closed source "competitors."

As I was working on this I thought it might be nice to
have a "super power search" of sorts, where you just
write your own SQL query that does whatever you want.
The power search is definitely powerful, but it could
be limited in that it does not allow complete control
over the SQL statement (specifically, if you have to
do a "join" on one of the tables that is hard-coded
into the query).

However, with some playing around, I did manage to get
a "left outer join" stuck in a power search.  This
latest iteration will make the query not match when
there is an existing hdtv recording of a particular
program (think of this as my own duplicate checker).
Thus the first rebroadcast in HD will record but any
subsequent rebroadcasts won't.

Additional tables is now this:
", recordedprogram A left outer join recordedprogram B
on A.programid = B.programid and B.hdtv = 1"

And the query string is now this:
"program.programid = A.programid and A.hdtv = 0 and
program.hdtv = 1 and B.starttime is null"