[mythtv-users] MythTv can't tune some channels with HDHomeRun

Tom Greer trgreer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 20:10:17 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 9:55 AM, Nathan Rutman <nrutman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyhow, on to more useful  discussion:
>

> > From: "Michael Rice" <mikerice1969 at gmail.com>
> >
> > > So I'm trying to figure out:
> >
> > > c. is ss=60 (signal strength) awful?  Myth can lock on with with
> > ss=67,
> >
> > Maybe it is awful.
> >

> I'm beginning to suspect this is the problem after all.  A suggestion in
> the
> SiliconDust forum led me to the frontend Settings->TV->General->Minimum
> Signal Strength, which by default is 65.  This sounded great, but lowering
> it doesn't seem to have helped at all.  (Nor does changing the timeout
> there
> seem to affect anything.)
>
> If anyone can explain why Myth doesn't use the HDHomeRun's /tuner0/program
> setting (or how to get it to), I would be much obliged.

To answer your question, lets browse the code for answers...

Looking at program:
trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/hdhrsignalmonitor.cpp<http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/15437/trunk/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/hdhrsignalmonitor.cpp?old=9729&old_path=trunk%2Fmythtv%2Flibs%2Flibmythtv%2Fhdhrsignalmonitor.cpp>it
appears that the signal strength was hardcoded to 65 - and was changed
45 in changeset 15437.

Tom