[mythtv-users] Where do you put script that stops automatic shutdown?

Glenn Harris gharris+list+mythtv at eklo.com
Thu Jan 31 21:48:29 UTC 2008

On Jan 31, 2008 4:41 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What and where do I call my script that check for example a running
> > telnet session and does mythshutdown automatically find it?  I think I
> > have confused myself.
>
> One thing I'm not sure of with this is whether mythbackend will run
> mythshutdown again at a later time. I have a feeling that once it's
> decided the shutdown can't proceed it won't try again so the box will
> never shut down unless mythbackend is restarted and it runs the
> mythshutdown check again. I believe this is how it used to behave, but
> am not sure with the current version.

I use a similar script to check for various things on the backend
(slimserver clients, ssh sessions, transcoding, etc).  When the script
tells mythbackend that the system is still busy, mythbackend just
restarts its idle countdown - on my system that is 60 seconds, which
means the check script will be run every 60 seconds until it gives the
all clear.

--Glenn