[mythtv-users] Antenna attenuator question

Brian Phillips brian.phillips at gmx.net
Tue Jul 1 03:25:11 UTC 2008

Daniel wrote:
> If you switch to digital broadcast (HDTV) you will not have
> multi-path problems......there is no such thing as multi path
> interference with digital broadcast......I have three antennas on my
> tower pointed in three different direction, amp on each one combined
> in my basement......

That doesn't seem correct.  I know my HDTV antenna strength was very poor,
until I put a reflector behind it.  The concrete walls behind the antenna
were definitely causing some interference on the dipoles.

The multi-path interference won't be apparent with a digital broadcast in
the form of ghosting, but destructive interference will weaken your signal
and could cause the picture to drop out if you are already at the threshold.

Brian