[mythtv-users] Scrambled images

Fábio Castilho Martins fabiocastilhomartins at yahoo.com.br
Tue Jul 1 14:01:26 UTC 2008

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu 7.10 (Gutsy) and MythTV 0.21 from gutsy-backports repository.

After I installed the latest 8.6 ATI fglrx driver (because I needed TV out) the image of MythTV got all scrambled. I can't see the menus, no configuration screens (both in mythfrontend and mythbackend) and no video.

I can (by trying around) access the menus, watch TV and play recordings. It all works fine but everything looks scrambled, like the image was broken in small rectangles and spread all over the screen.

My desktop is 1024x768, and I have tried 640x480 and 800x600 as well, to no avail. However, if I run mythfrontend with a smaller resolution, using the "--geometry" switch, everything looks perfectly.

Tvtime and Totem work perfectly.

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses