[mythtv-users] Antenna attenuator question

backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org backuppc at sundquist.imapmail.org
Tue Jul 1 21:42:53 UTC 2008

On Tue, 01 Jul 2008 8:27 AM, "Alen Edwards"
<allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> said:

> Radio Shack sells them 5 for $1. They have 330 ohms. You can take a
> 330 ohm and a 3300 ohm and put them in parallel and get 300 ohms. But
> the 330 may be just what you need. You may also try using a paper clip
> into the 75 ohm center pin and squeeze it with your fingers also
> touching the case. The tighter you squeeze, the more loss you will
> introduce.

Oh, OK, just a regular resistor.  I was thinking something built to
screw onto the F-connector.

I'm an engineer, but of the chemical variety.  I remember taking the GRE
exam and just skipped every EE question on the test and finished right
on time. I knew that stuff would come back to haunt me sometime  ;-)
I'll see if I can try this hack out, though.

It might be a couple of days, though.  My Mythbox is plugged into the
biggest screen in the house and the family wants to watch the Olympic
swim trials, which are only available via streaming web, and only on
windows, Arrgh!  So they booted the mythbox into windows for the whole
week.  But the trials are back on broadcast this weekend; NBC of course,
my problem channel.

J.S.