[mythtv-users] ffwd & skipping jumps all the way to the end of recordings

Jonno jonnojohnson at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 23:19:29 UTC 2008

Ok I've tried:
optimize_mythdb.pl - no errors
mysqlcheck --auto-repair -A -u mythtv -pmysqlpass - no errors
mysqlcheck -r -u mythtv -pmysqlpass mythconverg - no errors

I'd like to run the myisamchk but I can't figure out how to run Ian's
instructions.
I also found this article, http://wiki.linuxmce.org/index.php/Setting_up_MythTV
which also suggests myisamchk by doing:
 cd /var/lib/mysql/mythconverg
 /etc/init.d/mythtv-backend stop
 /etc/init.d/mysql stop
 myisamchk *.MYI -r
but here I run into the problem that I can't cd into that directory as
I'm denied permission.
Here are the permissions for that directory:
drwx------ 2 mysql mysql    12288 2008-07-01 18:01 mythconverg
Should I modify them or am I on the wrong track?