[mythtv-users] Please help! My mythbackend started to crash sporadically

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:22:46 UTC 2008

2008/7/2 Andrew Junev <a-j at a-j.ru>:
> Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 6:44:13 PM, you wrote:
>

>> Andrew Junev wrote:

>>> I would say this could be a way if there are no other options.
>>>
>>> But... Isn't there some more intelligent way of tracking a problem? :)
>>>

>>> P.S. And I'm still not sure it's a hardware issue.
>>>

>> This is how the computer guy I use does it and he is very good.  If you
>> have bad hardware, you need to remove it.  I don't think there is a
>> better way.
>
>> Allen
>
> Yes, that's generally a working approach that can be used in case the
> diagnostics is quite complicated or not possible at all.
> Is this the case now?
>
> We're not even sure if it's a hardware or a software problem...
>

> --
> Best regards,
>  Andrew

Hi Andrew,
I had random crashes of the backend with 0.21, I gave up trying to
track them down and just installed 'monit' to monitor the backend,
restart it and send me an email to tell me it crashed! Check the wiki
or google for details on it.

Yes it still crashes occasionally, but at least it starts again when
it does die.

Sorry I cant offer a better solution, save some time and move on to
some other problems/work :))

Mike