[mythtv-users] Xbox keyboard adaptor

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 17:31:34 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Joe Ripley <vitaminjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:21 AM, Piers Kittel <mailing at biased.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I recently obtained an Xbox and after a long painful effort, I finally
>> cracked the Xbox and loaded Xebian.  I've installed Xebian but haven't
>> booted the Xbox from the hard drive yet, let alone install MythTV on
>> it.  When I was playing with Xebian running directly from CD, I found
>> that the keyboard adaptor I brought doesn't work.  Do anyone know how
>> to get this to work, and if not, what should I get so I'm able to use
>> a PC keyboard?  I never use remote controls with MythTV, preferring
>> keyboards.  The Xbox I have, has a DVD module, but not the remote
>> control.
>>
>> This is the adaptor I got:
>>
>> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=310043990154&ssPageName=STRK:MEAFB:IT
>>
>> Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong, and what can I do to fix
>> this problem please?
>>
>> Thanks very much for your time in advance!

The other way is to log into the machine remotely via SSH, and set up
everything via network.  At least you can do that while you wait for
the adapter you bought to arrive in the mail.

I made my own cable from a generic USB cable and a XBox controller
extension cable.  It's pretty easy, as long as the wires are coloured
correctly.   Mine weren't; and I had to use a multimeter to get it
right in the end.