[mythtv-users] Playing 1212 files was: ONLINE ORDER#XXXXXX...

Paul pturpin+mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 18:55:36 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Seth Daniel <mythtv.org at sethdaniel.org> wrote:
> For the curious I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ which I thought I had
> read was sufficient for playing back these types of files.  But maybe
> not.

I would suggest trying coreavc for linux. You can even test things out
with the trial version for two weeks to see if it will work, before
paying the reasonable $15 to buy it.

On a core2Duo 2.2 GHz i can't play back without pauses if i am not
using coreavc. With it, in my limited tests so far, it seems to work
perfectly (as long as i redirect output to /dev/null or patch things
so coreavc doesn't output all its debug messages).