[mythtv-users] Migrating HW and from .20 to .21. Concerned about storage groups and import of data

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Fri Jul 4 02:12:44 UTC 2008

I managed to get some new to me hardware so I'm in process of migrating
from an FC6 box running .20 to a Centos 5.2 running .21.

I have an export of the mysql DB, and had planned to just do a reimport,
but with the new features of .21 and things like storage groups I'm a
little concerned that its not that easy.

What if anything do I have to do to import the data?  Is there a field
that I will need to populate in the DB for each recording to tell it
what storage group (or rather file system location within the SG) I used?

On the old .20 I had a /mythtv directory with all the standard
subdirectories.
On the new machine I have a /mythtv1/ which corresponds to 1 HD and will
be putting in a /mythtv2/ for a second drive once its free (the old HD
for the .20 box).

Right now all the recordings on the new machine are in the /mythtv1/
location.

Thanks in advanced.

Larry