[mythtv-users] Mytharchive - mytharchivehelp error

lists_mythtv_users lists_mythtv_users at bigpizza.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 10:37:36 UTC 2008

lists_mythtv_users wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Upon trying to create an ISO image of two DVB-T recordings I get the error:
>
> I'm selecting the following options:
>
> Select Destination
> 1) Single Layer DVD
> 2) Make ISO Image
>
> Select Archive Items
> (I select two DVB-T recordings)
>
> DVD Menu Theme
> 3) Compact
>

> Items Selected for Archive
> (The two previously selected recordings appear in the Items Selected for
> Archive section)
> I've chosen the Don't re-encode option
>
> I then press the finish button and the log view screen appears.  After
> the mythtranscode --mpeg2 command has completed the following error
> message appears:
>
> ERROR: Failed while running mytharchivehelp to get stream information
> from "/mythtv/mythtv/mytharchive/temp/work/1/newfile.mpg"

I've since found more info in the mythburn.log file:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py", line 52, in ?
    import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont
ImportError: No module named Image

I've checked and the python-imaging package is installed and the
Image.py file exists in:

/usr/lib64/python2.5/site-packages/PIL/Image.py

Line 52 of /usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py on the
frontend is a comment line but line 72 is:

import Image, ImageDraw, ImageFont, ImageColor

I assume it's failing at this line.  Why would it fail to import
Image.py even though it's installed?

Steve.