[mythtv-users] Fedora firewall problems(?)

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 4 11:12:47 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I've solved this now, even though I'd disabled the firewall in
system-config-firewall, I used iptables --list and got

Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            state
RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere
state NEW tcp dpt:ssh
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere            reject-with
icmp-host-prohibited

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

so I disabled iptables in serviceconf, and now everything is working.

Thanks,

Jonny