[mythtv-users] A General Directions Question

steve sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sat Jul 5 21:44:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 17:34 -0400, Chuck Filson wrote:
> On July 5, 2008 03:28:38 pm Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 10:22:52AM -0400, John Drescher wrote:
> > > BTW, Please use text only and not HTML or rich text. That font is
> > > really hard on my eyes in gmail. It caused me so much eyestrain that I
> > > gave up reading after the first paragraph.
> >
> > Using non-HTML mail on lists is an excellent idea, yes...
> >
> > but the libertarian in me says that if you don't like how his email
> > displays, you should find the "ignore incoming fonts and colors" knob
> > on your MUA, or switch clients.  :-)
> >
> > Cheers,
> > -- jra
>
> Or delete it and move on!
>
> Chuck

Im sure some people (like me) use the same email account for everything.
I find it a pain to keep switching back and forth between html mail when
I have something I want to forward someone else or send something to
someone thats a say a picture or graphics and not to a mailing list.  Im
completely guessing here, but probably close ..99% of the world uses
html mail and the small majority like mailing lists that do not, its a
problem. (ive learned to deal with it) I agree that when posting to
lists it should be text, but I sometimes too forget what I am configured
to send as html because I switch back and forth many times a day.

SR