[mythtv-users] Could help me to get widescreen on my system?

Damian damian at gingermagic.co.uk
Mon Jul 7 23:08:13 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I've just upgraded my hardware and OS to Ubuntu 8.04.

With my old system, I managed (with a lot of help) to get widescreen
output sent to my projector. This worked fine using my 5200 card in
Ubuntu 7.10. Here's the xorg.conf file that finally got the resolution
working properly ...
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/xorg.conf-was-fine-in-7.10 ... however,
I never knew where that modline came from that finally worked.

Things seem to have changed a bit in xorg when I look at the file in 8.04.
Here's the clean file I had from a fresh install:
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/xorg.conf-default-clean-install

and here's the file I'm currently using (generated by the nvidia
settings app:
http://www.gingermagic.co.uk/tmp/xorg.conf

I've tried to add in the relevant bits from the old file into the new
file, but it didn't work.

I know that I can feed my projector 1280x720 as I finally did it (after
months of thinking there was no way to do it!) with the 5200 card.

I'm currently using a 7300GT card with DVI (same cable as I used with
the 5200 card.

Can anyone tell me what I need to do and where I need to check for
problems if it doesn't work?

Cheers
Damian