[mythtv-users] The new Acer Aspire X1200 - $459, looks great, could be a combined FE/BE

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Tue Jul 8 18:55:01 UTC 2008

> support? Video is an "onboard" Geforce 8200 with unknown RAM so I don't

Well, onboard video typically comes with zero ram, of it's own.
It usually uses part of system ram.

> if that would be an issue or not, I know my PCIe GeForce 5200 outputs HD
> with no issue on my combo box. They squeeze the whole shebang in a
> not-so-ugly 10.6 x 4.0 x 14.4-inch enclosure, so if it's not that noise

I haven't heard it, but based on the puny little 50 mm cooling fan that
you can see on the back, I'm guessing it's pretty loud.  Not jet's taking
off loud, but lots louder than if they'd used an 80mm fan.