[mythtv-users] Copyright Legislation in Canada may make MythTV Illegal

Daniel Buijs dbuijs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 03:10:54 UTC 2008

Hello Everyone,

	I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this message, but I
thought it important enough to get out the word. If you use MythTV
and live in Canada, the Canadian government has proposed legislation
that will make most aspects of MythTV illegal.

	The bill is called C-61 and the key clauses make it illegal to
circumvent a technical protection measure for any reason. In the
digital realm, there would be no Fair Dealing. I urge you to inform
yourself about this bill, and if you feel it removes fundamental
users rights contact your MP to voice your concerns.

	For those who would like more information here are some resources:

	www.michaelgeist.com 	The personal blog of a Law Professor at the
University of Ottawa.
	www.digital-copyright.ca
	Fair Copyright for Canada Facebook group

Sincerely,

Dan Buijs