[mythtv-users] transcoding widescreen recordings

Shawn Flynn sflynn1 at rogers.com
Wed Jul 9 18:51:42 UTC 2008

From: Peter VanDerWal on July 9, 2008 7:02 AM
>> From: Peter VanDerWal on July 9, 2008 5:33 AM
>>>From: Shawn Flynn on July 9, 2008
>>>>

>>> Wow!  I just hit W a couple times.
>>> But then again, I'm not interested in keeping any TV shows after I've
>> watched them.
>>
>> LOL. I suppose that is an option, but it wouldn't satisfy my
>> aformentioned OCD ;)
>>
>> I'm not interested in keeping shows after I watch them either. This is
>> just so that the fill ratio is correct when I sit down to watch a show
>> without me needing to fiddle with the fill menu (no room for a 'w' key
>> on my remote of choice). The userjob automatically runs after the show
>> has been recorded and by the time I sit down to watch it everything
>> looks right with no intervention from me.
>>

>How does Myth know if the show is in letterbox or not?

In my case it doesn't. I just set the userjob as part of the recording rule
for the shows I know are letterboxed, and use the 'adjust fill' menu for the
few I miss.

But as David Engel has pointed out in another response to this thread, it
seems that a dev has already scratched this particular itch and given me
exactly what I originally wished for.