[mythtv-users] Clear QAM and PVR 1250

Andrew Robinson awrobinson-ml at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 10 00:45:00 UTC 2008

I bought a Hauppauge PVR 1250, dropped it in a Windows box, and hooked
it up to the cable (Time-Warner, no box). The auto search feature says
it finds no digital channels. Last night we bought a 26 in Sony Bravia.
I plugged that into the cable (again no box), and it found something
like 50 digital channels. I am hoping someone with much more experience
in these things could tell if I'm likely doing something wrong with the
PVR 1250, or if there is something different about the tuner in the Sony
that allows it to pick up the digital channels.

Thanks!

Andrew Robinson