[mythtv-users] Can't get two antennas to work into two tuners

Peter VanDerWal peter at vanderwal.us
Wed Jul 9 20:15:45 UTC 2008

> I have an antenna pointing north and one pointing east.  I tried
> combining them with a splitter, but that didn't work.
>
> I put one antenna into each of two tuners.  I set up different
> configurations at Schedules Direct, one for the stations north
> 2,4,5,7,... and one for the two stations east, 36,54.  I then set up
> sources correspondingly.  I connected one tuner to the north antenna and
> one to the east one.  I assigned tuners to sources appropriately.  I
> scanned for stations.  I did a database fill.
>
> What I got in the channel lineup was a complete mess.  Things like this:
> 2_1, 2_2, 5_3, 7_2, 52#0, 5_1, 63#0, 7_1
>
> Not exactly that, but this gives the idea.  Not in order and some
> strange non-existent and not of proper form stations (yes 63#0).
>
> I finally gave up and connected all the tuners (there are actually 4) to
> antenna north and deleted antenna east and deleted all channels and did
> a rescan and all is well.  But I can't get the east stations.
>
> One problem may be that the east antenna scan picks up stations from the
> north, although not well enough to actually watch.

But the north antenna doesn't pick up the east channels?
If so, I'd try deleting everything and then start with one turner
connected to the east channel.  Scan for channels and then use the channel
editor to delete all but the two you want to keep.
Then I'd hook up the north antenna to the other turner(s) and scan for the
north channels.

I think that would work for you.