[mythtv-users] XvMC and skipping forward locks frontend

Brian Sanders brian.sanders at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 13:54:00 UTC 2008

With XvMC my CPU runs at around 50-60% but it doesn't seem to be a processor
load problem.  So with a 2.4Ghz you couldn't play the video?  I thought with
over 2Ghz you could probably play it with out XvMC.  As my system has
shown... with XvMC correctly configured I don't see why that system couldn't
play it.  The NvAGP 1 option would mean you where using the nvidia agp
drivers as opposed to agpgart (I think that is what it is called).
Unfortunately I have tried everything I can think of to get AGP to work, and
I can only get XvMC to do anything with AGP turned off all together.  I even
flashed the bios on my motherboard hoping to get something going... no love.

Like I said... if mplayer didn't play, or if it played choppy I would
understand.  It just seems odd that I can play with mplayer using XvMC and
everything is great.  I can play with MythTV and XvMC... unless I hit a
botton to skip :(  Till I hit skip though... it flows right along.  I guess
I haven't watched it for more than about 2 minutes.  So I can't say it plays
flawlessly for hours.  Then again I have watched parts of this HD clip so
many times I don't think I could stand to watch it till the end!