[mythtv-users] `Mythbackend leaks memory` continued

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Fri Jul 11 14:52:37 UTC 2008

Andrew Williams wrote:
> 2008/7/11 Udo van den Heuvel <udovdh at xs4all.nl>:
>> Not entriely correct...
>> I have 7 multirec channels configured.
>> I use 1 multiplex and record three channels from that multiplex. One
>> minute preroll, one minute post.
>> That is not all channels nor all multirec channels.
>
> Right, so one card recording 3 channels on the same mplex?

Indeed. Worst case 6 when you count the overlap due to pre/postroll.

> I can
> recreate that with my "spare" tuner to see if I suffer from similar
> affects. What is your fancy custom recording rule for recording all
> thats on the channels.

I have three power searches with the SQL:
channel.callsign = "NL1" AND program.starttime < DATE_ADD( NOW( ) ,
INTERVAL 8 HOUR )

channel.callsign = "NL2" AND program.starttime < DATE_ADD( NOW( ) ,
INTERVAL 8 HOUR )

channel.callsign = "NL3" AND program.starttime < DATE_ADD( NOW( ) ,
INTERVAL 8 HOUR )

(maybe can be wrapped into one...)

These searches have a recording priority of -99 and record to LiveTV
storage. 1 minute preroll, 1 minute post.
I limit on the starttime to avoid the scheduler calculating everything
everytime for a few days in advance which is unnecessary.

# crontab -l
5 8,11,14,17,20 * * * /usr/bin/mythbackend --resched > /dev/null
41 4 * * * PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH /bin/nice /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase

>> There is nothing special on my system.
>> Just Fedora 9. Just a backend on mysql that is current for that distro.
>> Just the almost latest linux kernel.
>> Just one tuner card, 7 multirec tuners, etc.
>>
> Close enough, see my other post, while probably more bleeding edge
> than F9 i'd say its a good comparison.

OK, cool!

> Also, IANAD, just another user getting a little tired of this thread...

Sorry but I just want to get this issue (these issues...?) looked into.
And fixing them might help you as well.

Thanks for being interested!

Kind regards,
Udo