[mythtv-users] Myth works perfect! but sometimes it freezes when selecting "Watch Recording"

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 15:14:14 UTC 2008

I have a big problem thats driving me crazy!

setup is like this

masterbackend server

3 frontends

all of pc's run mythbuntu

All of the frontends can watch live tv without a glitch, watch videos (nfs
share on backend) with out a glitch

1 of the frontends can ALWAYS open "watch recordings"

THIS IS THE PROBLEM
2 of the front ends intermittently freeze  (lock up) when I select "Watch
Recordings" requiring a restart.
they do this for no apparent reason and quite regularly, I can schedule
recordings fine, watch live tv, videos but when I select that "watch
recording" menu option my blood boils!!

looking for clues, to fix this.

I can't be alone- I've tried all the choices to prompt for group filter etc
and nothing seems to make a difference. Theres about 400 recordings total
but I don't see whay that matters because when it works its just
instantaneous. But when it doesn't it DOESN'T it's just froze.