[mythtv-users] Mythweb Flash Stream - Can I Open It With Some Other Player?

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:31:14 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 10:25 AM, Alen Edwards
<allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com> wrote:

>> I get sound in the player embedded in the mythweb page.  I get some sort
>> of "file can't be found" message when copying to URL from the asx file
>> into either Windows Media Player or VLC network stream dialog.
>
> I wonder why I don't get any sound yet the file gives sound when played
> with Winamp???

I've just tried this and found that ASX works fine with VLC unless the
recording is ATSC. I get no sound with ATSC programs, but I do get
video. With NTSC recorded programs, Video and Audio is fine.

I can only think that this is a codec problem.

--
Brad Fuller
www.bradfuller.com