[mythtv-users] IR for a frontend.

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 23:37:18 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 8:59 AM, Mark A Jenks <Mark.Jenks at nsighttel.com> wrote:
> What would you suggest for a IR on a frontend server w/ no TV card?
>
> I'd like something that could be mounted as far away as 25ft from the
> frontend. (Media closet behind you, not by the TV).
>
> Thanks!

I like my Microsoft [1] MCE remote, but the dongle plugs in via USB so
you would have to put a USB extender in there I think (Can't recall
the maximum USB cable run).

Mind you my unit is pretty sensitive. I was doing a demo of MythTV via
a projector the other day. The remote receiver dongle was behind me.
Out of habit I kept pointing the remote at the screen (ie the other
direction than the receiver dongle) and it never missed a beat.