[mythtv-users] Mythweb Flash Stream - Can I Open It With Some Other Player?

Allen Edwards allen.edwards at oldpaloalto.com
Sat Jul 12 04:54:10 UTC 2008

> I can also get it to play by passing the asx url off to mplayer
> -playlist. mplayer has a great windows (and linux) front end called
> smplayer which also does the right thing when called with smplayer
> -playlist url.asx

Thanks Nick for the tip.  smplayer does a good job of playing the file.
  mplayer generates a long stream of errors and the sound seems out of
sync so either smplayer is masking the errors, or not creating them.

In any event, I created a windows .bat file of one line:
c:\progra~1\smplayer\smplayer -playlist %1

I set that bat file up as the program called when I click on the .asx
link on the mythweb page and the TV show plays.  It looks great and
sounds great.

Thanks so much.  I think we have a solution!!!

Allen