[mythtv-users] Multi Inputs for same channel

Ian Bonham ian.bonham at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 20:28:38 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I know I'm getting something wrong here, and I've done the RTFM bit, but I'm
still stuck so I wonder if anyone can give me a quick bit of support please?

I have an HVR4000, working fine, and can get FTA BBC channels. I also have a
Sky decoder box, plugged into the analogue input on the same card
(controlled fine).

Where I get stuck is, I have BBC1 London from my HVR4000 Satellite DVB input
assigned to Myth channel 1101. I also want to put BBC1 London from the Sky
box on the analogue input on 1101. So if one input is busy, Myth knows to
use the other card input. Then, If I set a record to go on 1101, Myth uses
the first available input. If I watch another channel on the same
transponder I know thats no probs. However if I want to watch ITV1 on 1103,
Myth will see the Satellite DVB input is busy recording 1101 and fail over
to the analogue input to see 1103.

In my database I have 1101 assigned twice, once to DVB input as priority 2,
and analogue input as priority 1. At the mo tho, it always just uses the DVB
input and ignores my Sky box on the analogue input.

Can anyone get what I'm trying to do, and explain what I'm getting quite
wrong?!

Many thanks in advance,

Bon