[mythtv-users] Booohooohoooo......

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 00:38:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 5:21 PM, Francesco Peeters
<francesco at fampeeters.com> wrote:
> My USB harddisk on which my MythTV FE/BE lives died... The drive won't
> spin up anymore, and I currently don't have time to rebuilt on a new
> device, and I really don't want to either, because I meant to make that
> machine a net-boot machine...  *rolls eyes*
>
> Why does shit like that always happen at the most inconvenient times...

Are you sure it is not the enclosure. I have seen USB enclosures die
but if you take the drive out and plug it into the motherboard and
power it works fine. And I am talking about plugging a SATA cable or
IDE cable to the drive because the drive inside will be SATA or IDE.

John