[mythtv-users] Any way to set default tuner/source?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jul 14 23:27:40 UTC 2008

On Jul 14, 2008, at 4:22 PM, Steve Curtis wrote:

> 2008/7/15 Steve Curtis <scurtis at fixation.net>:
>
> 2008/7/14 Nick Morrott <knowledgejunkie at gmail.com>:
>
> Delete your Input Connections in mythtv-setup (not your capture cards
> or videosources), and then recreate them, configuring the input you
> want to be used first for LiveTV last. So, if you want the DVB-S input
> to be used last for LiveTV, configure that input first, and then add
> your DVB-T tuner afterwards.
>

> Ah, I thought it would be the other way round :-)  Hence I created
> my Freeview bindings first.  I'll give this a go and report back to
> the list for the archives :-)
>
> Well that was quick.  There's no option to delete input connections
> so how do you delete them.  The delete key doesn't seem to do
> anything and I can't see a way within an input connection to remove
> them?

You have to delete your capture cards, not input connections. Delete
All Cards if you want them to be added as 1, 2, 3...
Of course, you could also just bump the priority of them to put them
in the order you want. I'm not sure why everyone always says to delete
and recreate them instead of just changing priority. Changing priority
always works for me.