[mythtv-users] Is there a way to adjust the cache on mythdvd (internal) player?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 16 03:44:46 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM, Greg Grotsky <spikeygg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been using mythdvd's "internal" player for a long time and every so
> often I run into a dvd that it doesn't like.  Almost like it can't keep up
> with the amount of data that the DVD needs to stream.  I can play the same
> DVD with mplayer but I have to use the -cache option in order to have it
> play smoothly.  Is there an option for the internal player to increase the
> amount of buffer / cache so that it plays smoothly with all DVDs?
>
> Thanks,
> -Greg

I'd like to know as well. I'm not sure if I'm having the same problem
because of the drive itself or the fact I have it connected via
firewire. If it doesn't work well with the internal player I use Xine
and I can watch the access light and see that xine is accessing the
drive differently. I presume it's caching/buffering more.

Richard