[mythtv-users] OT: XBMC alongside MythTV

Matt Emmott memmott at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 13:48:52 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 8:56 AM, covert covert <thecovert at gmail.com> wrote:

> A bit off topic but the right target audience. I want to finally pack
> up the xbox that runs xbmc for me and instead run it on my linux
> machine. My machine is a BE/FE with Mythbuntu on it.
>
> What is the best way to integrate it. I would like to launch it from
> the Myth menu. Anyone else done the same thing and got good results ?

I'd be interested in hearing this as well. Right now I just launch each from
the command line with a lot of alt-tabbing in between. I made a post on the
XBMC forums a few months back about integration of the two and the only
thing that came out of it (other than pages of flames about which is better)
was the addition of the mythtv:// option when adding a video source in XBMC.
I wish somebody would integrate the two, since Mythmovie and MythMusic suck,
IMHO.