[mythtv-users] Power off Television after period of time with no user input.

Kevin Robbins robbinsck1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 17 20:52:51 UTC 2008

I'm looking for pointers for the following.

I remember reading that someone had done this with a usb-uirt, lirc and cron.

Here is exactly what I'd like to do.

Run a cron job every 2 hours that checks to see if A) There has been
any remote signals sent and B) Check if Myth is playing a video or is
just idle.

If both conditions are met, I'd like to display a notice that lasts
for 10-20 seconds (which a keypress will cancel) or send a power off
command to the Television.