[mythtv-users] v4l2-ctl settings being over-ridden by Myth?

Eric (MythTV) eric-mythtv at skoozdag.com
Thu Jul 17 22:10:44 UTC 2008

Hi folks.  Question.

I am attempting to adjust the picture quality of my PVR-150 recordings
by using the v4l2-ctl program.  If I am watching live-tv and change
settings (brightness, contrast, etc), I see the changes happen.  So I
know it is working.

However, when I exit Live TV and re-open it back up, the settings have
gone back to their "defaults".  I cant, for the life of me, get these
changes to "stick".

On my new flat panel, my recordings dont look all that great... mostly,
light areas are really blown out.  I can fix this and make the picture
look really good by adjusting the brightness, satuation, contrast and
hue...  I just need to know how to get these changes to stick.

Thanks in advance...
--Eric