[mythtv-users] Upgrading Fedora 8 to 2.6.25.x kernel with IVTV

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Fri Jul 18 19:49:51 UTC 2008

I am remembering posts on this, but couldn't find a specific resolution in
the archives.

I haven't upgraded my Fedora 8 backend with a winpvr 500 to the 2.6.25 yet
because of the missing ivtv kernel module package. I have just confirmed my
memory that there isn't one any longer because the driver is now included.

If I do a 'yum update', yum wants to remove both the ivtv and ivtv-kmdl
packages. Can any other Fedora 8 user confirm that this does in fact work ?
Did you have to do anything to have the new module loaded ?