[mythtv-users] Problem with SAA7134

Guenther Sohler guenther.sohler at gmx.at
Fri Jul 18 21:42:55 UTC 2008

Dear Group,

I bought on of these Scaleo E HTPC's on ebay.
However the TV Card was just analog, so I switched it to a
Medion TV Card with a SAA7134 Chipset.

So far I have got 2 problems:

When I boot the machine, TV does not work(xawtv does not work and scantv with PAL and europe-west)
does not find any channels

then I do
kill (mythbackend)
rmmod saa7134_dvb
modprobe saa7134 alsa=1

then xawtv and scantv does work! (without sound)

in order to have a correct sound, I need to start

cat /dev/dsp1 > /dev/dsp

How can I have it set correctly at startup ?
I have put 'options saa7134 alsa=1' into my /etc/modules.conf but it does not have an effect

My next problem is here:

If I start mythbackend (again)(killed before to release saa7134_dvb) and start mythfrontend)
i can watch correct pictures in the television but the audio sounds like donald duck.

I think that the audio is played at double rate as it is intended to be played with, but I dont know where to fixe this problem.

Thank you for your hints!

rdas