[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Jul 21 03:17:48 UTC 2008

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 02:22:31PM -0400, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Napster, IIRC was sued both as the developer AND the facilitator of the
> illegal downloading. It didn't host the files, it hosted lists of
> file-holders who could be connected to, to download.

Correct, and that's what killed them.

> And didn't Napster end up bankrupt?

Yes.  But BT hasn't, and the MPAA *doesn't dislike BT, qua BT*; they've
said so.

(No, I don't still believe in the Easter Bunny.  But I do believe in
capitalism; see those links I just posted)

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.
	       -- (Josef Stalin)