[mythtv-users] Cannot log into database?

Josh jaw1959 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 03:44:13 UTC 2008

I was setting up a new master backend, and I can't get any of my
frontends to connect.  I just get the message "Cannot log into
database?" when I try.  I'm running mythbuntu/Ubuntu 8.04 on all the
systems involved.  This is replacing a previously working system, and
I'm really not sure what's changed.  1 week ago, the same network ran
fine, all that's new is the software installation on the backend.
Just for testing purposes, I installed mythfrontend on this backend, and
I am able to connect from there and see live TV.  I have verified that
I am using the same settings on all of my frontends.  I am not running
a firewall. What else could be causing this problem?  If I had to
guess, I would think it's either a networking problem, or something to
do with permissions, or groups or something like that.  Any ideas?  I
do not recall having trouble with this the last time I setup my myth
system...

Sent from my iPhone