[mythtv-users] Which remote code set and LIRC file should I pick for my MX-500?

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Mon Jul 21 13:43:37 UTC 2008

I have an MX-500, and I've rarely found a predefined config inside
the remote that works well in every situation. Instead, I "taught" it
using the Hauppaugue remote that came with my PVR-350. I also added
the stock PhilipsRC5 config from the LIRC database and, from time to
time, teach the 500 a new button using the IR blaster (USB-UIRT)
attached to my Myth box.

The wonderful thing about having a remote with NV-RAM to hold the
settings is that they never get lost. I've had my MX-500 for probably
5 years, and just keep evolving the setup as needed.