[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Mon Jul 21 20:51:43 UTC 2008

jedi wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 05:57:20PM -0500, Will wrote:
>> On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 11:35 -0500, Jeff Walther wrote:
>>> To take the living room/home analogy a bit further.  The owner is
>>> throwing
>>> an open house party.   You brought fireworks.   We acknowledge that
>>> you
>>> can ignite them safely without causing any harm or fires, however, the
>>> owner's neighbor is a grumpy old man with time on his hands and a bad
>>> attitude and he'll call the cops on the party
>> I think a better analogy would be.
>>
>> The owner is throwing an open house party. Someone brings up a topic
>> that was discussed once two years ago at another party. People start
>> getting into it, but people start interrupting and telling people to be
>
> Not quite.
>
> Change the scenario to:
>
>    Someone shows up that no one else knows and starts
>    to bring up a taboo subject and is instantly annoys
>    pretty much all of the other party guests. Responses
>    range from rage to indifference.
>
>    No one is exactly "supportive".

Change the scenario to:

Someone shows up that no one else knows and puts his choice of music on
the stereo, then cranks up the volume, ignoring all protests and
screaming insults at the guests about their lack of 'taste' in music.
Oh, and he makes cracks about the owner's taste in furnishings too...

Geoff