[mythtv-users] Mythdora 4 Frontend Database Woes / Network Lag

Jonathan Seawright opustormy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 00:35:21 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I'm having issues with my combined Backend/Frontend and my Frontend. They
are running on two separate TVs, and require the settings to be different.
However, It appears that the settings (such as GUI Offset) are shared across
the myth databases, and so I'm not sure how to achieve different settings on
the two Frontends.

In addittion, is a Megabit (100/10) network enough to stream HD video from
my backend to my frontend? I'm using samba and although the video looks
gorgeous, it is rather choppy with a lag spike every 3/4 seconds or so.

Thanks!

Jonathan