[mythtv-users] MKV, The Internal Player, and You.

BP lists at qucae.com
Tue Jul 22 05:37:26 UTC 2008

Greg Estabrooks wrote:
>> (http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/2662) that is pretty much the same
>> issue, and it claims it is now fixed (as of 5 months ago); im curious
>> if anybody else has seen this similar issue, and what if anything they
>> have done to fix it. Im running a frontend i just compiled myself from
>

>  I've played many mkv's since 0.21 was released and only had problem with 2.
>
> And both of those I ripped using handbrake on a make into h264+AAC in a
> mkv container. Every other file I'm ripped or gotten as examples has
> played/seeked just fine.
> They are also the only ones I've ever had that had more than one audio track
> in them so that could be part of their particular problem.

I have problems with almost all my h.264 avi files that have ac3.
Seeking is broken and playback is very choppy.  I use mencoder to
encode.  No idea if my problem is related to yours, but the use of h.264
is common.

The problem I have was committed sometime between November 8 and June
20.  I haven't had time to troubleshoot. Just reverted back from
.21-fixes to an old trunk checkout.