[mythtv-users] Mythdora 4 Frontend Database Woes / Network Lag

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 07:17:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Brad DerManouelian
<myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2008, at 8:01 PM, Jonathan Seawright wrote:
>
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:38 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm talking about plain ol' recorded programs. When I attempt to watch one
>> without mounting  the samba share, it tells me that the video file cannot be
>> found.
>
> What does your frontend log file say? How about the backend log?
>
> I do believe that this is becuase it is looking on it's own drive and not on
> the master server... so to fix this (probably a little bit of a patch more
> than anything else?), I simply mounted the /storage share at the point where
> it has been looking for the videos, so it accesses them via samba.
>
> I actually recall watching mythtv on my linux box without having to do funky
> networking mounting... it SHOULD work without it correct?
> I get the feeling that it is a setting that carried over from the main box
> (because their configurations were shared previously)
>
> Yes, it should. It sounds like your storage group settings are broken.

Actually looking at the first part of the original post in this
thread, is it that there is some confusion between the two frontends
(one local to the backend and one remote). IIRC If the system thinks
the frontend is local, then it will try and access the recorded show
off the hard drive instead of streaming it. And it will fail cos its
not really local.

Do the machines have unique network names?