[mythtv-users] MythTV and BitTorrent?

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Jul 22 13:39:43 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 06:37:16PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 07/21/2008 06:47 AM, Steve Hodge wrote:

> >> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Mailing_List_etiquette#Anything_else_I_should_be_aware_of.3F
> >>
> >> Specifically, #5.  Note the history shows it has existed there since, at
> >> least, April 2007, so I didn't just put it in there.
> > "Discussions of copying and/or distributing video obtained via MythTV
> > recording or imported in to MythTV via other means is strictly off-limits."
> >
> > So you can't talk about copying or distributing the content in your MythTV
> > system. How does that forbid talking about a method of importing content
> > into MythTV?
>
> Someone got lost in that sentence...  "or imported in to MythTV via
> other means".

    I think that "suggestions" based on what's in mythvideo but visible
through the recordings list would be a cool idea as well. I've been
meaning to create a sort of mock-up of this but haven't gotten around to
it. You could even drive it off of the program guide.

    See "The Gauntlet" in the guide and present it to the user as a
suggestion but use their pre-recorded copy for the program source.

    I've already got a hack to sequentially move through videos one
at a time in order but that hack depends on the fact that my player
is NOT integrated in MythTV.