[mythtv-users] Integrating non-traditional program sources into MythTV (won't tell you what it 'was:')

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 18:37:19 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

>   On Jul 22, 2008, at 11:27 AM, David Linville wrote:
>
>  Exactly.  Here is an example weekly hour long show that has been
> "broadcasting" for several years:
>
> http://revision3.com/diggnation/
> RSS feed: http://revision3.com/diggnation/feed/quicktime-high-definition/
>
> This show is so similar to a broadcast show that it feels wrong not to
> integrate it nicely with the rest of my recordings.
>
> I think it is a shame that this sort of explicitly legal use gets shouted
> down in these discussions.  I've seen links to 3 or 4 shows in this thread
> alone that were put out by tv studios or others.  I imagine this sort of
> distribution will only become more common in the future.
>

> It would be cool to subscribe to a ton of feeds and only download the
> episodes with matching keywords and have them appear in Watch Recordings.
> Much better than downloading a bunch of crap I don't want to see or sifting
> through YouTube to find the one thing of interest among millions of videos I
> don't care about. Let me know when it's done!

I agree.  I have this on my TODO as part of finishing the MythNews RSS
enclosure support but I'm starting to see some value in taking this out of
MythNews and putting it more into the mainline frontend.  I just updated my
home system to SVN with QT4 so I'm just about ready to start looking at the
code.

Kevin