[mythtv-users] Integrated video, was: Looking for low power/heat

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Jul 23 02:38:58 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 19:46:24 C.T. Paterson wrote:

> I ask only because with the recent acquisition of my HDTV, I'm using
> it's VGA input - making me wonder if I should pull out my video card
> in favour of the o/b.  I could do without the heat and power-draw if
> it's not necessary.

Just depends on the on-board video chip(s). Myth doesn't know if the chip is
on the mobo or a card.

I've had good luck with an integrated nVidia 6150.

The video on motherboards seems to be getting better these days, and there are
more and more boards with TV out, sometimes even component or HDMI.

beww