[mythtv-users] Semi-OT: OTA, Comcast business HSI and the single coax

Justin The Cynical cynical at penguinness.org
Thu Jul 24 10:45:49 UTC 2008

Greetings.  This is semi-off topic IMO, but not fully as I'm sure
someone on the list may have dealt with a similar situation.

I am currently set-up for OTA digital only and my current connection to
the world is via DSL.

I am switching to Comcast business for my pipe, and would like to make
use of a single coax for both.

I know that OTA and Comcast television do not mix over the same coax,
but what about just data?  Is there a splitter or filter that I can get
to allow this to work, or am I going to have to run a new line just for
the data?

I am in Washington county, Oregon in the U.S. if that makes any difference.

Any advice or pointers are appreciated.