[mythtv-users] If I get the digest, how do I reply correctly?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Jul 24 14:35:34 UTC 2008

On Thursday 24 July 2008 07:00:01 Eric Mesa wrote:
> So I've been hearing a lot recently about how threading gets messed up if
> someone just changes the subject of the email and replies.  I knew
> hijacking threads was wrong, but I didn't know things were messed up just
> from changing the subject.  I've been seeing this over and over on all the
> mailing lists I"ve been on.
>
> But how do I reply properly if I receive daily digests?  I don't want to
> get individual emails because even with just digests my inbox gets pretty
> filled up from all the mailing lists I'm on.  So how can I properly reply
> to, for example, my satellite email?

There are some mailers out there that can "burst" a digest (I think that is
the correct term).

Unfortunately I have not kept up with which ones can do that. I think emacs
has that capability, a google search might find some others that can. There
also might be some standalone utilities for the purpose.

beww